We have a range of sponsorship opportunities for you to be a Hull International Photography Festival partner
By partnering with the Hull International Photography Festival brand, your company will gain exposure to 89,000 – 95,000 people per week who visit Princes Quay. The attendees to our programme of events will boost that figure on the first weekend by 10,000+. The year-round footfall of the HIP Gallery & POP Gallery is 40000, but for the festival, we will be using two full decks of Princes Quay plus the other City Centre venues. Add to this the web-presence and other marketing activities and you can see how supporting Hull International Photography Festival provides a unique opportunity. You will be supporting a local, non-profit-making enterprise with a social conscience and a clear agenda to support the local economy and community.
We welcome the opportunity to partner with sponsors of all shapes and sizes whether you want to sponsor a particular artist or event, or if you have some products or services you can offer in-kind.
We also offer a limited number of advertising opportunities in our Festival Souvenir Programme. Please contact us for details.
Local & Global, Creators, Curators & Champions of Fine Art Photography
Hull International Photography Festival is run by a not-for-profit organisation, the Creative & Cultural Company, supported by a loyal team of unflagging volunteers based in the Hull City of Culture.
HIP Fest provides a rich cultural mix, offering a month-long festival of photographic memories for young and old 5th to 30th October 2018. An exciting first weekend of exhibitions, lectures, workshops, new product demo’s and photo opportunities, followed by a programme of exhibitions, discussions, lectures and workshops lasting through the month.
Hull International Photography Festival was a major event in the 2017 City of Culture celebrations. Based on the side of the same Quay in Hull City Centre as the Turner Prize. For over 20 years our team have been producing arts events to be remembered. HIP Fest 2018 is set to be our best event yet. Offering a feast of new photography exhibitions, debates and workshops, it is a unique opportunity to spot tomorrow’s stars and enjoy today’s greats. A local festival with a national and international appeal set in a public, family-friendly environment.
Located in and around Princes Quay Shopping Centre in the centre of the city. The event is situated in the perfect spot to guarantee visibility. As the HIP Gallery and the other Creative & Cultural Spaces are all near to each other on the lower and upper Decks. This year we are working together with Fujifilm and Fujiholics, Photocity London and HIP Fets will be hosting a photography trade show in Princes Quay.
HIP Fest 2014 – 2017 involved many local photographers networking with and exhibiting alongside internationally acclaimed artists including:
- Matthew Finn – Mother Exhibition and book launch.
- Peter Dench – Dench Does Dallas and A&E Alcohol & England.
- HIP Club Juniors and 16+ Student Exhibitions.
- Francois Brunelle – “I’m not a look-alike!” Exhibition from Montréal, Canada
- The Music Industry Yorkshire Competition with Andy Willsher – NME photographer, Mick Hutson – Select, Kerrang, Vice Photographer, Andy Fallon – MOJO, Rolling Stone and GQ, Andrew Cotterill – Q, Spin, Sony Style, Word and more.
- Jessica Lehrman – New York based photographer for Teen Vogue and Billboard.
- The Ivor Innis Collection.
- David Neve – Sachee Gallery.
- Fred Trobrilliant – Montpelier based Leica Street Photographer.
Every year a fresh and unique programme is developed that entertains, challenges and enlightens all tastes and ages. We believe passionately in supporting our local community and, though we may have global appeal, our roots are firmly planted in the East Riding of Yorkshire.
We believe our festival should:
• Provide a friendly, welcoming environment that everyone and anyone with a love of photography, arts and good company can enjoy, irrespective of their age or social background.
• Present a top quality programme of photography events and activities featuring leading national and international artists. Promoting the cultural importance of photography.
• Provide a platform for local and emerging photographers to gain exposure to large audiences.
• Support local businesses by sourcing products and services from local suppliers wherever possible.
• Be environmentally responsible.
• Engage with local community groups and schools through outreach work.
• Deliver a range of additional cultural events and educational opportunities across the year and throughout the region under the Hull International Photography banner.
• Fly the flag for our region by actively contributing to the local economy and encouraging tourism.
Facts & Figures…..
• The festival is the largest event of its kind in the region.
• The recent addition of extra venues provides the capacity for the festival to continue growing year on year.
• The festival attracts a broad age range of visitors, from families with young children to grandparents. Photography is a universal language and appeals across genres, generations and nations. The popularity of Instagram & Flickr online and the racks of photography magazines in the shops are a testament to peoples motivation to engage with photography as medium to express themselves, in a way that no other art form can facilitate.
• The festival generates sales for the artists and income for the connected businesses.
• Thousands of followers on dedicated website, Facebook, Twitter, linkedin & YouTube
• Regular newsletter to our email database
• Leaflets, flyers, posters, souvenir festival passport/programme
• Extensive media coverage: BBC, Hull Daily Mail; Yorkshire Post; F2 Magazine; Silvershot Magazine, Amateur Photographer Magazine, Digital Camera Magazine etc.
• Local and national advertising features e.g. Guardian, VHEY Guide, WelcomeToYorkshire
• Outdoor banner advertising on Princess Quay in the city centre and the railway station. Linked promotion with photographic member organisations including The Royal Photographic Society, Brooklands Photographic Society, Hull Photographic Society and Yorkshire Photographic Union.
Sponsoring Hull International Photography Festival provides your company with the opportunity to be associated with one of the key cultural events in the region with local, national & international appeal and a prominent part of the City of Culture 2017.
Contact us for full details of our Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum sponsorship packages
Sponsorship Benefits Include
Complimentary VIP Passports
Hospitality & invitation to our Sponsors Reception
Meet the artist – with photo opportunity
Exclusive stand space in main festival gallery adjacent to festival information desk surrounded by the RPS biennial exhibition.
Feature and logo on our official Festival Video Stream & App, broadcasting twice daily 2nd to 4th October and filming in-depth interviews throughout the festival onto YouTube
Page on the HIPFest website
Your feature in our newsletter to 1200+ targeted individuals
Social media shares to thousands of followers
Promotion in our Festival Souvenir Passport & Programme
Your logo on all HIPFest Programmes, leaflets and posters
Inclusion in our advertising
Inclusion in our media coverage
Authorised use of Hull International Photography Festival Official Sponsor logo
Please contact us if you wish to discuss any other possibilities or any in kind support such as: PA, Lighting, Video Screens, Health & Safety Equipment, Hotel rooms for artists. Artist & Volunteer catering, Volunteer expenses, stationery & printing, staff T-shirts, banners, display stands, tables & easels. Professional Services; design etc Advertising space, publications e.g. Photography magazines and books to give away or add to the prize draw.
Advertising – we also offer a limited number of advertising opportunities in our Festival Souvenir Programme. Please contact us for details.
In Kind Support Examples
PA, Lighting, Video Screens, Health & Safety Equipment, Hotel rooms for artists.Artist & Volunteer catering, Volunteer expenses, stationery & printing, staff T-shirts, banners, display stands, tables & easels. Professional Services; design etc. advertising space, publications e.g. photography magazines and books to give away or add to the prize draw. You can team up for events such as Matt Hart’s Street Photography Lecture, The New Polish Photographers Exhibition or the HIPclub Juniors Exhibition. You could just have a page in the programme, offer something for the HIPfest Prize Draw or be the main sponsor for the programme.
Contact us for full details of our Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum sponsorship packages
Festival Business Office: The Creative & Cultural Company, Unit 3C, 23 Arthur street, Hull, HU3 6BH.
Festival Public Reception: POP Art Space (nextdoor to Hull International Photography Gallery), Upper Deck, Princes Quay, Hull, HU1 2PQ.
Tel: Festival Manager – Alan Raw 07801954241
We are very grateful to all our sponsors, big and small. Some of our key supporters are:
The Royal Photographic Society, G. F. Smith, Princes Quay Shopping Centre, East Street Arts & Jessops Photographic.